This training introduces participants to the concepts of cultural diversity through the Mosaic Dimension Model. It helps to foster a climate of success to positively impact disproportionality & disparity for all children through seven extraordinary practices. The Mosaic Dimension is based on the assumption that children who are moving through the foster care system are as culturally unique and different as mosaic patterns. The Mosaic Dimension can be defined as a montage of people who bring a variety of invisible, undiscovered, backgrounds, styles, perspectives, values, patterns and beliefs as assets to relationships, communities, situations and environments. This experiential, scenario-based training is designed to go beyond traditional programs to explore this topic on a broader level. It includes a data-driven practicum designed to encourage and strengthen the transfer of knowledge and competencies to actual work experience. Presented by Patsy Wilkerson, MA.
- Define Mosaic Dimension Model 2.0, Diversity, Disparity & Disproportionality
- Interact with Child Welfare Case Flow Chart and identify their roles, touch points and impact on the system
- Define primary, secondary & Mosaic Dimensions of diversity and the impact on foster care clients
- Evaluate & discuss state and parish-wide disproportionality and disparity data and strategies to improve outcomes
- Review implications of disproportionality data and ways practitioners can influence and possible change results
- Discover applications for Mosaic Dimension Model and implications through a Practicum experience
Registration is $25 and will cover lunch, refreshments and training materials. 6.0 CEU and CLE hours are approved. Credit will only be issued for time attended.
Pre-registration is required in order to plan for lunches/seating.
Training location: East Jefferson Hospital - Esplanade Room, 3700 Houma Blvd., Metairie, LA 70006
For additional content information, contact Thailund Porter-Green at the Pelican Center: email@example.com
If you need registration assistance, contact Jennifer Graffeo at Team Dynamics: firstname.lastname@example.org