Safety: Continuous Quality Assessment in Child Welfare
Cases through Child Welfare Assessment & Decision-Making
Join us for this two-day ONLINE training event focused on ensuring safety of children involved in the child welfare system. This training will look at the new Child Welfare Assessment & Decision Making-Model utilized by DCFS child welfare workers and other tools to evaluate the safety and risk issues of our most vulnerable children. New court forms will be introduced and reviewed. This course will reinforce the system focus that “removal of a child from their family is the safety plan of last resort.”
- Learners will be able to define related terms.
- Learners will be able to apply the principles of Child Welfare Assessment Decision Making Model to a new set of facts in order to assess a child’s safety.
- Learners will be able to apply the principles of Child Welfare Assessment Decision Making Model to create practical safety plans.
- Learners will be able to articulate the Child Welfare Assessment Decision Making Model analysis to support or defend safety decision making.
- Learners will demonstrate an understanding of the Child Welfare Assessment Decision Making Model analysis as a tool for in and/or out- of- court advocacy for their client(s).
- Mark Harris, JD, Pelican Center for Children & Families
- Richard Pittman, JD, CWLS, Louisiana Office of Public Defenders
- Rebecca May Ricks, JD, CWLS, Louisiana Mental Health Advocacy Services
- Franchesca Hamilton Acker, JD, Acadiana Legal Services Corporation
- Kim McCain, LMSW, Louisiana Department of Children & Families Services
Please register now to receive the link via email. You will need a computer (with sound) or a smart phone/tablet to participate in the sessions. We encourage you to participate and have your computer camera turned on.
This workshop is being offered at a reduced rate of $10 for both days. All child welfare practitioners are invited to participate: attorneys, social workers, foster parents, CASA staff and volunteers, teachers, law enforcement, medical staff, etc.
Approved for 6 hours CLE, including ethics and professionalism. CEU application pending. CLE/CEU credit will only be issued for time attended.
Who do I call with any questions? Contact Team Dynamics at 985-624-3514.
What's the refund policy?
We do not offer refunds, but you can transfer your registration to another person. Contact Team Dynamics at 985-624-3514.