The Louisiana Child Welfare Training Academy is hosting the Trauma-Informed Care Conference on April 9, 2020.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN JANUARY 2, 2020
CEU & CLE Will be applied for
Join us, as we embark upon a journey to understanding,
healing, empowering, and connecting with those
impacted by trauma!
You should attend this conference if you want to:
- Gain an understanding of the impact of complex trauma across the lifespan
- Understand the role of culture in complex trauma-related challenges
- Acquire skills for assessing trauma in child welfare clients
- Understand the impact of trauma on attachment and nurturing
- Acquire practical skills to foster resiliency in children impacted by trauma
- Learn more about the basics of Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) as a therapeutic model for caregivers to provide effective support and treatment for at-risk children.
8:00 On-site check-in opens
9:00-10:15 Welcome. Keynote Presentation on Trauma-Informed Care and Implications of Substance Abuse
10:30-11:45 Continued Keynote Presentation
12:15-1:15 Lunch Keynote: Self-Care for Professionals & Caregivers - Michele Many, LSUHSC
1:30-3:00 Breakout Sessions (Tentative Topics):
- LGBTQ Foster Youth & Trauma
- Trust Based Relational Interventions (TBRI)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
Lunch will be provided to attendees.
$25 registration fee for all attendees.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER. No on-site registrations accepted.
Registration to this event is limited.
All registered attendees will receive an emailed confirmation.
Southeastern LA Students should contact their social work instructors or the LCWTA office on campus to indicate your interest in attending the conference. Volunteers needed.
Southeastern Louisiana University
Student Union Ballroom
Questions: Contact Team Dynamics at 985-624-3514