THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED.
Thank you for your interest and patience. We will post the new date when available.
The Louisiana Child Welfare Training Academy is hosting the Trauma-Informed Care Conference on April 9, 2020.
CEU & CLE Will be applied for
Join us, as we embark upon a journey to understanding, healing, empowering, and connecting with those impacted by trauma!
You should attend this conference if you want to:
- Gain an understanding of the impact of complex trauma across the lifespan
- Understand the role of culture in complex trauma-related challenges
- Acquire skills for assessing trauma in child welfare clients
- Understand the impact of trauma on attachment and nurturing
- Acquire practical skills to foster resiliency in children impacted by trauma
- Learn more about the basics of Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) as a therapeutic model for caregivers to provide effective support and treatment for at-risk children.
- Parker Sternbergh, LCSW-BACS, Tulane University
- Michele Many, LCSW, LSU Health Sciences Center
- Shelby Baird, Crossroads NOLA
- Heidi Peck Breaux, LCSW-R, Tulane University
- Sonia Daniels, Ph.D., Capstone Consulting Services
8:00 On-site check-in opens
9:00-10:15 Welcome. Keynote Presentation on Trauma-Informed Care and Implications of Substance Abuse
10:30-11:45 Continued Keynote Presentation
12:15-1:15 Lunch Keynote: Self-Care for Professionals & Caregivers
1:30-3:00 Breakout Sessions (Tentative Topics):
Download the brochure.
- LGBTQ Foster Youth & Trauma
- Trust Based Relational Interventions (TBRI)
- Neuroscience of the Brain and the Relationship to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
$25 registration fee for all attendees. Lunch is included.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER. No on-site registrations accepted.
Registration to this event is limited - sign up early!
All registered attendees will receive an emailed confirmation.
Southeastern LA Students should contact their social work instructors or the LCWTA office on campus to indicate your interest in attending the conference. Volunteers needed.
Southeastern Louisiana University
Student Union Ballroom
Questions: Contact Team Dynamics at 985-624-3514
Area hotels if you plan to stay overnight:
Courtyard by Marriott Hammond
1605 S Magnolia St, Hammond, LA 70403•(985) 956-7730
Hampton Inn Hammond
401 Westin Oaks Dr, Hammond, LA 70403•(985) 419-2188
Holiday Inn Hammond
1819 SW Railroad Ave, Hammond, LA 70403•(985) 662-3877